The Ott Mansion

A place of rest and relaxation, along with crazy adventure and lot of magic. Welcome to the Eabha Estate, home of the Otts, please make yourself comfortable and may RPing commence.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Knock at the door

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maryanda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 am

Once again Mary felt. She normally couldn't pick up slight feelings but could read people's faces and body language. Sima was in distress.

Having held Sima as a babe, she was connected to the child. Having delivered her, she was doubly connected. Her da had said she was special, which is why she had her wolf.

Once again, she approached Sima. Touched her, absorbed her. Shhh, Mary whispered. When you come over to my place, I have something special for you. It is something you won't remember, but is what you need. Mary smiled, remembering the little blanket she had made especially for Sima. It had given her comfort as a babe, and she would cuddle it for hours. I made myself a promise to give it back to you when you were older.

Oh, if you get a chance, go scratch behind Beau's ears. Be sure to let him sniff your hand first. He knows you. Even allowed you to sleep with him once, and guarded you in tavern once. You wil be surprised at how soft he is. What a comfort he is.

Remember, I am here if you need me. I must go talk to the others. Please, go talk to Beau. Rub him, scratch him. Like the girls do. Mary smiled as she took one last stroke of Sima's arm.

Then went over to Scott.

I am sorry I did not answer you quickly. Yes, Emma is my sister. I call her Ems. So, if you hear me talking about Ems, you know who it is. Mary gave a quick smile. Oh, and another thing, you've met Beau before. Shilough is like Beau. Unless you are an enemy, they won't bother you. Mary pondered that with a smile. Although it looks to me that young Shilough is hungry. Being so young, he has not learned control yet. But Beau will help teach him. I think I shall go see if Angel and Ems need help in the kitchen. Smiling and with a quick touch, Mary left Scott to go to the kitchen area to see if her help was needed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shilough

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Beau, what do you mean by watch? I can see everyone here. What do you mean by listen? There are so many voices.

Beau looked down at Shilough. He had decided to stand up. There was something rumbling through the floor.

Come my friend. Walk with me. We will go into the food area. Then go outside for a short time. Ah, I see the door is open. Come and I will tell you of the mysteries from which we came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel Rose

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Ok, everyone, Let get dinner started. She brought the last of the food with her and picked up Alysa. Hi, sweetie. Don't think mommy didnt want you. I love you very much. She gave Alysa a kiss on her cheek and turned to Caitlin. You too Cait. She bent down and hugged her, giving both her girls kisses. I'll just go get Crystal and Lilli. Want to come Aly?

Before she left the room though, she turned to face Scott and Emma. You two can sit here. She pointed to the two seat on the side of the table where they could sit together. She smiled and walked with a skip to get Crystal and Lilli. Once upstairs, she placed Alysa down and held her hand. Crystal? Dinner is ready! She said as turned left and walked toward the nursery room.

I'll be down in a minute. Changing Lilli at the moment! Crystal responded.

Angel peeked in the Nursery room to see Crystal and Lilli giggling. Angel gulped and her eyes started to moisten. She hastily turned and headed to the kitchen with Aly behind her. Come on, let go eat ok?

When they arrived to the table, she sat on the table between the girls and announced, Crystal is on her way with Lilli. Knowing Crystal, she would want us to go ahead. So let feast!

On the table,Orange Chicken, Caesar Salad, Potatoes and green beans. Along with Maryanda's Apple and Chestnut Cake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Charles helped to set the table and was relived when it was time for dinner he was very hungry, the table had an elegant linin cloth on, white with a gold embroidery in flowing Celtic script on the bottom of it which spelled ebha wich meant life. He took his seat at the head of the table. Angel on his right with Crystal next to her, holding Lilli and Charles wanted so badly to hold her, it was strange, he lost her as a young adult and yet still had her as a child to hold in his arms. His new friends Scott and Emma on the left sitting next to each other, he hoped that Sima would be along to join them shortly along with Mary. He smiled at the spread before them and noticed as the Wolves left the house for a bit, Caitlin and Alysa taking their places next to each other at the end of the table.

As he waited he fingerd the table cloth and admired the gold embroidery his Grandmother had spent so much time on, one of the very few and precious items he'd managed to save from getting sold off. His Grandfather used to tell the story of how weeks before his wedding, his Grandmother had been rather secretive in her actions as she worked day in and day out on the table cloth. It was her gift to him and she placed it on the table they sat at during the wedding feast afterwords. There were many memories associated with it, now he sat with his family and friends, in a time of great stress and turmoil to celebrate life in the midst of it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caitlin

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Cait listened when Shilough said that Beau was going to show him something, she liked Beau he was nice and he made her smile even when she did not feel like smiling. Shilough was learning how to do that too and it made her feel better knowing he was there and would always be her friend and also to her sisters. She played with Alysa while the adults got dinner ready and then came to the table when they were called, it smelled good, Mommy always made great food she was very hungry. She hoped Sima would show up and eat with them, she had been hiding lately, she wondered if Sima would like to know a good hiding spot, the room was not a very good place for that. She sat with her hands in her lap like Daddy taught her to do and waited until they could start eating she really wanted a piece of the pie Mary had brought too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Walking up to the table, I smiled at both Caitlin and Alysa sitting patiently waiting for food, at least as patient as 5 year olds can wait. I then walked to where Angel had pointed for me to sit and notice Emma walking up to sit beside me, so I pulled her chair out and waited for her to sit down, then helped her scoot the chair up to the table. I then took my seat and looked towards Angel and said, Everything looks and smells so good! Thank you for inviting me to stay. I smiled at Emma sitting next to me and marvelled at her beauty. Then thought to myself, I wonder if Charles and Angel are trying to play matchmaker by sitting us together like this. I smiled as the others sat down and then turned to wait for Charles to get this feast started.

Last edited by Scott_macFergus on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alysa

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:19 am

ALysa was playing with cait when mommy came and picked her up. She smiled and put an arm around mommy's neck to stay up straight more easily, and also to hug mommy. Then they went to hug cait and then upstairs where mommy put her down again and took her hand. She also looked in the room. What she didn't quit understand is that they went to get sima and lilli and they didn't took them down. When they were down again she ran to her chair and sat next to cait. Waiting for the food, it took her way too long before they got to eat. She looked at cait if she was hungry too, but she sat quit still on her chair with her hands on her lap. So Alysa dessiced to do the same, she tried not to move so much anymore and hold her hands on her lap. But it was hard to keep still. Then she looked at mommy trying to figure out when they could eat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maryanda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:42 am

Walking up to the table, Mary sat where Charles had indicated.

Smiling at the girls, for being such ladies, she winked at both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Emma smiled at Angel as she walked out the door to get Lilli and Crystal. Very relieved and happy that she was to sit next to Scott, Emma walked with Scott to their seats. Blushing as Scott pulled out her seat for her, she was very impressed with his gentlemanly behavior as he helped her into her chair. Hardly paying any attention to the chaos in the full room around her, she smiled up at Scott when she caught him staring at her. They both looked away and Emma shyly smiled and blushed at Charles and Angel knowing full well why she was seated next to this wonderful man.
Back to top Go down
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Hun are we being to obvious with this? Charles asked his wife by telepathic thought as people took their places at the table. He took his glass and tapped it making a clinking noise and rose, the room became quickly silent as he spoke, he decided to say a short speech. Today in the midst of war we are gathered here as freinds and family to celebrate life. I am proud to call you all my friends and family. He took Angel's hand and held it as he looked lovingly into her eyes and continued to speak Thank you all for coming today, for we celebrate not only our friendship but our lives together and how they have intertwined like an intricate tapestry. Charles smiled at all of them as he continued, You may all be seated to eat, oh and feel free to make longer and more grandiose speeches then I have. he grinned as he sat down, he took some orange chicken then passed it to Scott, then picked up the potatoes and after taking some passed them to Angel as the light mummer of conversation began to rise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Taking the orange chicken from Charles, I took my portion and then held it out for Emma to take some too. Then passed it down the table. Each new dish I was passed put more food onto my plate until I had a sampling of everything there. I smiled at Emma as I passed things to her and made small comments about how good the food looked. Finally, I turned to Charles, Is that why I got so many dark and suspicious looks as I travelled along the road to get here? Are we at war? I didn't notice any fighting along the way, though there were some armies that I passed sitting in the fields outside of town. I took a few bites of my food and looked at Angel, this is excellant food. You are a wonderful cook. Charles is lucky to have you for a wife. I looked down the table at the girls eating and felt joy in my heart to see them enjoying themselves. I looked across at Mary, It has been a while since I was in your tavern, Mary, do you still have rooms there for rent? I have just got into town and have no place to stay while I'm here. I took another bite and waited to see who would respond first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maryanda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Well Scott, I have 6 rooms at the tavern, which have been cleaned and aired out. There are 2 rooms in my house I'm not using at this time. But we need to get permission of Ems. She does stay there from time to time. The boys won't mind. They don't stay there, and I'm sure Faith won't mind. Jon has offered 3 rooms in his house.

Angel, this food is delicious! I want to thank you and Charles for inviting me...beau too... to stay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Charles responded after eating a few bites of food, Yes Scott there is a war going on, a revolution is taking place. He ate his food as Scott continued to speak, he thought about it for a moment then said If you need a place to stay my house is always open, we have plenty of spare rooms available on the second floor now that we've moved into the new place. he ate some more enjoying the orange chicken with delight as he agreed that Angel was indeed a fine cook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Looking first at Mary, then at Charles, I replied, I really don't want to be a burden on anyone. However, I do need to find a place to stay until I can get settled and find my own place around here to settle down in. I took a bite of the delicious chicken and smiled, of course, if you are going to feed me like this everyday, Charles, I'd have a hard time turning you down. I kinda chuckled and said, no offense meant, Mary, but you do have to admit this beats the food in the tavern anyday. Though the food I have eaten at your tavern is better than most that I've been to. Some of the taverns over in Munster are dreadful. In fact, it doesn't look like anyone's been in some of them in weeks and the food looks to be days if not months old. I smiled in Emma's direction, What do you think I should do, m'lady? Stay here with Charles or stay at the tavern or at Mary's house?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Emma smiled at Scott as he passed her each dish, nodding in agreement about the delicious looking food. Taking a few bites listening as Scott describes some of the taverns and the food in Munster, she is surprised when he asked her for her opinion on where to stay. “Well...uh...I...depends on what you’d prefer I suppose. You could stay here with Charles, Angel and the girls. The girls would love that I’m sure. You’ve already stayed in Mary’s tavern so you know how nice the rooms there are. And Mary and Faith have a very nice house, and they are very nice company. You’d be happy where ever you choose.” Face a little flushed from having everyone at the table look at her as she answered, Emma turns her attention to her food. But just as she is about to put another bite of food into her mouth a thought accrued to her. “You say your looking for a house here in the area?
Back to top Go down
Caitlin

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Cait was eating her food she really liked it all of it was yummy but she really wanted a pice of the pie. She made sure she ate all of the food on her plate that Mommy had set for her to eat, she was occupied thinking about what she and Alysa would do tomorrow while the adults talked. Her ears perked up when Daddy said that maybe Uncle Scott could stay with them, she smiled pipped up, yeah! Stay with us, please! She gave Scott her best puppy dog eyes she could, they often worked on Daddy and sometimes on Mommy, maybe it would work on Uncle Scott too. Besides she liked him lots anyways, he was a lot of fun to be around, he paid attention to them and played with them when they went into the tavern, and even talked to them she liked that a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maryanda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Mary laughed between bites. Aye Scott. I understand about tavern food. But will guarantee you that I cook at home also. Charles can attest to that. So can Faith, as well as Jason.

Thinking while eating a few more bites, Mary spoke again. Oh, don't think you may cause me problems. If I leave before you awaken, I leave the morning meal on the back of the stove on a plate or a bowl. But it is always hot and good.

Hearing Cait exclaim "yeah, Stay with us please", Mary smiled. Ah, but with eyes like that, who can turn that offer down?

But Scott, my offer stands. I have several places you can stay, or even at Jon's. He has the nicest maid-servant. You may enjoy staying there. But either way, just let us know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

I smiled as I listened to Emma. It was fun making her squirm a bit, but I was impressed with her answer. I started to respond when I heard Caitlin's plea. I looked down the table towards her and she was looking at me with the biggest puppy dog eyes she could make. I smiled at her and started to respond when I heard Mary's comment. I looked at Mary and smiled, I thank you for your kind offer, Mary, but as you say, who can refuse eyes like that? So, I guess it's settled, I'll stay here with Charles and his family. I looked down the table and saw a huge grin on Caitlin's face. I knew staying here would give me an even better chance to bond with my goddaughters before the official ceremony took place. I turned to Charles and said, After we are done eating, could you show me your stables so I can take care of my horse and then you can show me to my room. I took another bite of the potatoes and marvelled at how good they tasted. I looked up at Emma and said, Yes, Emma, Charles and Angel have been trying to talk me into moving here for a while now and while I enjoy travelling, I think it's time to at least have a place of my own in town to live and settle down in. Doesn't mean I'll give up travelling completely, but it will give me a place to call home. Plus, as you can tell by Caitlin's reaction, I'm wanted here, something I don't feel in any other place I've been. I smiled and knew I had made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Feeling more comfortable talking to Scott now that there was light chatter around the table she smiled at Scott and nodding at his answer, Emma responds, “Well I see their attempts haven’t fallen on deaf ears. This area and this town is the nicest I’ve come across. Granted I haven’t done very much traveling, but when I came here I knew I didn’t have to search anymore for a place to belong. We have the most beautiful places here and the nicest people you’ll ever meet. I am little biased, but I think you’ll like it here. And with friends and family here, I’m sure you’ll find it’s a nice place to come home to after time on the road. And,” she adds as an after thought, “there are many vacant lots and houses nearby, you shouldn’t have trouble finding one to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Angel Rose

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Angel watched as Charles fingered the lining and knew he would love the idea as it reminded of his grandmother. Everyone had seated and was waiting patiently until Charles stood up and made a small speech. When that was done, food was being passed down and chatters among the group had started. Angel listened tentatively as the group chatted. She received compliments on her cooking and she smiled, Oh, it's nothing, Just a dash of this and that. Angel had a second serving of the dinner before everyone else even half finished theirs.

As she ate, the topic turns into Scott's temporary residence and Angel nodded as Charles offered their home, thrilled at the prospect. She saw that Cait was getting anxious for desert then forgot about it at the mention of Scott living here. Angel laughed as she saw Cait's puppy eyes and Scott falling into the trap. You sure it not my cooking that made you choose or maybe Cait's puppy eyes gave you the final answer? She chuckled again as her eyes gleam.

Angel felt the same sensation again that she had earlier this morning. She excused herself to the kitchen taking some of the empty bowl with her as an excuse to refill it. Once she got to the kitchen though, she went through the cabinet and search for the snack. Finding it, she munches on it and felt better as she leans on the counter. That is just too soon... As she thought of the girls, Lilli and Sima. She refilled the bowl of Orange Chicken and the potatoes, put the snack back, and went back into the dining room.

She couldn't wait for desert...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 pm

I looked at Emma and said, Having Charles and Angel here was enough of a draw, but throw in their girls and my friend Mary and now having met you, I can't see me moving anywhere else. I smiled and caught Caitlin with a big grin and her hand covering her mouth as she tried not to shout. I'm not real familiar with the area or what houses are available. I don't need anything the size of this place, a nice modest cottage would do, maybe overlooking the ocean? Do you know of anyplace like that around that might be available? Maybe I can find someone who is willing to spend a few days showing me around the town and letting me see the available properties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Emma nods at Scott’s reasons to stay, slightly surprised that she was mentioned in his reasons. She was pleased that he was moving into the area and when he mentioned that he would like a modest, nice sized cottage she thought of a place she knew. But then he mentioned a place with a view of the ocean and she thought of another place that she had passed many times before. However when he wondered out loud if he could find someone who would be willing to show him around the town and the properties, she peeked a look at him. And what she saw there in his eyes made her agree to show him around. Emma wasn’t one to take risks but this traveler, this Scott was different. She knew by the look in his eye that he wanted her to show him around town, but he wasn’t expecting her to, it was her choice. And so she chose to take him to see the town and the vacant properties, and from there to see what would happen next. “Well, I’d be happy to show you around. I do know of a few modest cottages and one or two places with beautiful views of the ocean. I’m sure we’ll be able to find you something.
Back to top Go down
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Scott looked at Emma with a pleasant smile, I'd really like it if you would show me around the town. Maybe we can find a house that could be turned into a nice home. I was slightly shocked that Emma was so willing to do this, but considering the efforts of our hosts to put us together since introducing us this evening, I felt like it was maybe destined to happen this way. She was a beautiful girl and I found her very attractive. She must have liked the look of me to be this willing to spend so much time with me. It made me very happy though, so I went with the flow. Who knows, maybe she'd like to spend even more time with me than just this. How about we meet in the morning here and then we can spend the day looking at houses and seeing the town? Maybe 10 in the morning?

I looked over at Charles, Do you have a buggy we could borrow to get around in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Emma smiled and nods when Scott agreed to her suggestion. She could tell he was a little surprised she had volunteered, but he was pleased as well. “Ten sounds great. I’m sure we’ll find you something.” She says to him, “And then I can show you the place I have in mind for the Library I was telling you about.” She adds thinking he might like to see that. Returning back to her food, Emma holds in her excitement, it wouldn’t help to grin or giggle like a fool. Smiling a small smile to herself, she contemplates everything she could show him.
Back to top Go down
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Charles reached under the table and took Angel's hand that was free and gave it a squeeze, recalling the days in which they had met in the summer almost a year ago. They had met in Munster and as usual there was a war being fought in Ireland, the Munster army having rallied and gone to attempt to take Cill Chaoi, his eyes moistened as he looked down the table at Cait, he'd found her that summer too, just before he met Angel, after 5 years of not knowing if she was dead or alive, three years of those following any lead he could to find her after her mother ran off with her. He'd given up hope almost, but that summer a year ago had changed his life so drastically he could not describe it, he wondered if was the summer or the war that was on, but people seemed to be falling in love all around him and it made him smile.

After taking several bites of food he answered Scott's question, Yes Scott I do have a buggy and a horse that you can borrow if you like. Feel free to take all the time you need when looking for a home, its an important decision. He let go of Angel's hand and rested it on the table as he ate his food, he smiled and could not hide it at the fact that his friends and family were gathered around this table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caitlin

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Cait had finished all her food and she still had room for pie, she was glad that Uncle Scott was going to stay with them she was excited about that. She held a big smile that spread from ear to ear, she really wanted a piece of the pie, she looked around to see if anyone was going to notice her, Daddy did and he looked about to cry she thought, that made her sad she wondered why he looked that way she asked him Are you crying Daddy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel Rose

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

Angel smiled up at Charles as he held her hand. She noted that everyone was almost done and stood. I see everyone is almost done, I'm going to start removing those bowls to give you a chance to finish your plate then I'll bring in dessert. Cait, could you help me? She took some of the plate that Cait could carry and gave it to her, then took the rest of the dishes. They walked to the kitchen, Ready for the pie heh? I saw you practically drooling over it. Angel chuckled as Cait gave a face of being busted then stick her tongue out. She got the sink ready with soaps and water and place the dishes in.

They went back and cleared the rest of the plates when everyone was done and went back to the kitchen again. She gave Cait the small dessert plates with utensils and told her to go ahead. Once Cait was out of sight she gather her composure and thought, It time then.. She picked up the apple and Chestnut cake and carried it to the Dining room. She gave a big smile as she went in. Ok everyone, two things about to occur, there will be dessert to be eaten, and there a great news that I'd like to share.

She had place the cake on the table and was already walking toward Charles. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face once she spilled it. Angel sat on Charles' lap and kissed his cheek and place her arms around him. She looked at everyone, The news I would like to share is that our dear friend, Charles here, She looked at him as her eyes sparkled and enjoyed the look on his face as he waits restlessly, is going to be a father again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maryanda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Mary laughed and clapped at the news. The look on Charles' face was the best yet!

Raising her glass, she stood.

I propose a toast!

May the babe or babes be fair and light,
May it or they be strong and bright.
May happiness and wealth be in their sight.
May they have friends that stand by them,
And they know the value of the richness of friends.

Blessed be.

Slainte!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Angel stood up after Cait asked her question, to which he was relived when she asked Cait to help her and follow her into the kitchen. Then they quickly returned with dessert, he took a piece then Angel came and set in his lap as she told of her announcement. He was happy and shocked at the same time speechless as Mary spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Congratulations, my friends! May your child know happiness and love always. Do you know whether it's a girl or a boy yet? I smiled at Emma and said, Looks like I get to hold and love another baby soon. I took a bite of the pie that Mary had made and smiled, This is very good. I sat eating my pie and enjoying the company of my friends and the beautiful Emma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sima Ronda

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 am

{OOC: so sorry everyone >.< was so buried in work & couldn't get on to read or post Sad but thankfully I have a chance today Very Happy}

She had smiled at Mary when she approached her again ... She knew she could comfort her but had no idea how this could be done ... When she mentioned the blanket her eyes sparkled as a very dim memory crossed her mind ...

Her mommy had announced that the dinner is ready so she waited till everyone sat down & then she took the far seat & started eating silently ... Her ears skipping all the chattering on the table till her mother stood & excused herself ... She noticed that her mother's aura had something weird in it , but she was too disturbed to identify it ...

Her gaze fell on her mother & stayed for longer than usual this time as she tried to clear her head to see more Oh my ... again?? so soon? was her thoughts as she recognized that glow ... Her face went white as a sheet when her mother spoke the words , her mother was pregnant ... sh will have a brother ... or a sister ... again ...

Her face turned deep red then & a sad smile started to creep on her lips ... Happiness & sadness mixed together inside her as she remembered Lilli & how they used to sit with their mother in her pregnancy days & how funny that seemed ... to be so grown up & yet didn't see the light of the outside world ...

Tears threatened to flow down her cheeks so she just stood & went to her father , kissing his cheek she whispered her congrats to him ... Hesitating a bit as she turned to her mother , unable to face her eyes she hugged her briefly & whispered " Congtrats , may the new baby restore some of that lost"

She gave a faint smile to Caitlin & Alysa as she returned to her seat ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alysa

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:55 am

Alysa was fighting to eat all her vegetables, but she wanted to look like a big girl so she ate them. When mommy went to get the dessert she could hardly wait to eat it. She looked up when commotion started a bit, something had happened. A bit later she could make out of it that there were going to be new baby's

we get more baby sisters?

she asked smiling. she liked her baby sisters, she also liked cait ofcourse. It was a little diffrent though. With cait she could play, she could also play with the baby's but not so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Charles smiled and held Angel in his lap, soon Sima who'd come into the dining room came over and kissed his cheek, he was happy today. He told Sima how much he loved her and what a wonderful daughter she was, he was glad that she had stayed to enjoy dinner with them and their friends today. He hoped that the company of others would help comfort her somewhat as it did to him. He watched the girls eat their pie and tried to eat his too but he was too excited, he got an idea. Once dessert is over why don't we all go back to the tavern and visit a bit. He turned Angel's face to him gently and gave her a very passionate kiss for all to see, such was his love for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alysa

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Alysa her mouth fell open as charles started to kiss mommy passionately. But she had never seen this kind of kisses before and it looked very strange. Her dad had lived with her alone in the house, no woman with them. What was he doing, it was like he was trying to eat mommy's tongue. Eat mommy?!!!! She could not let that happen. Forgetting all about she was shy or should act like a big girl she jumped of her chair and run to them. When she got to them she tried to push charles away from mommy, she even hit him on his shoulders in an attempt to make him to let go off mommy. While she tried to push him away she yelled

Don't eat mommy!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Charles had not expected this at all, suddenly Alysa was running, yelling and hitting him, it ended the moment he was having with Angel. He pulled out of the kiss and laughed as he said Alysa I'm not eating Mommy, I'm kissing her. he felt slightly embarrassed and made a note to have Angel explain to Alysa that parents were at times affectionate with each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Emma smiled when Angel shared her news, Charles was surprised to say the least but the smile that graced his features after the shock wore off was impossibly wide. Emma offered her congratulations to the family, and smiled and nodded at Scott’s comment. Emma thought a little time in the in-house tavern after dessert sounded enjoyable. Emma could see the girls looked pleased to have a new sibling on the way, but what surprised Emma was the shout she heard from Alysa. She had turned away when Charles had started to kiss Angel, but she was having a hard time holding in her laughter at the young girls accusation. Kissing of that sort did look as she described it, however Charles pulled back and explained that he was just kissing her, and the room fell back into a joyous celebration of new life.
Back to top Go down
Angel Rose

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:29 am

Alysa's voice jolted Angel back to reality from the kiss. "Dont eat mommy!" Alysa had said and Angel went into a fit of laughter as Alysa went into protective mode. Alysa, come here, Angel had gotten and kneeled down in front of her. I love you, but don't worry, Charles loves me and he won't ever hurt me at all, She said, in a physical sense anyway, emotional thing can happen.. Muttering more to herself.

She hugged Alysa as she picked her up and went to Alysa's seat. She sat, placed Alysa on her lap, and stroke Cait's hair, I love you too. I know you guys are excited to have a brother or a sister. She smiled and looked at the table. Now, I'm deathly craving for sweets.. She reached out and got herself 2 servings of the cake and starts to dig in. Yummy! Thanks Mary! Theres going to be a lot of baking for the next few months... Would you girls like to help me in the kitchen sometime? She beamed at her daughters as well Emma and Mary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I chuckled along with everyone else at Alysa's description of what mommy and daddy were doing. I looked over at Emma and smiled at her. Having finished my desert, I scooted my seat back from the table and stood. I walked behind Emma and seeing she too was finished eating, I pulled her chair back and helped her to stand. I then walked with Emma down to the end of the table where Angelrose sat with Alysa on her lap and Caitlin in the chair beside her. I knelt down between the chairs and gave both girls a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek. Are you girls done eating yet? I smiled up at Angelrose and then at both girls. Who wants a ride on my back?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Oh yes! And that would be great Angel. I have this great lemon square recipe that I’m sure you’ll love. It's great for people with a sweet tooth.” Emma said as she winked at Angel. As Scott stood from his seat, he helped her from hers. She followed him over to where Angel, Alysa and Cait were all sitting. He knelt down to their level and asked if they were done and wanted to play. Emma smiled and nodded very much wanting spend time with the girls and from what she could tell, it would be a lot of fun to play with the girls and Scott. She brushed a few hairs from Cait’s face and tucked it behind her ear and lightly touched Alysa‘s shoulder. “And once you are done playing, I could even braid your hair. We also might even have time for a story or two.

Back to top Go down
Caitlin

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 am

Caitlin had finished her dessert she was full and it had been very good, she giggled when Daddy kissed Mommy, then her sister got weird and thought Daddy was eating Mommy. This made her giggle so much that her face turned as red as a beet, then Scott came over and knelt between them she was glad he wanted to play, cause Mommy would make Daddy go and help do the dishes, which meant he wouldn't be able to play with her just after dinner. Emma came over too and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and mentioned a story, she thought about what they wanted to do and decided that maybe instead of riding Scott like a horsey they could play chutes and ladders a game a Daddy had gotten Cait for her birthday. She looked at Scott and said Wanna play Cutes and Ladders?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 am

Every night after dinner Charles would help Angel with the dishes, he rather enjoyed it, sometimes on the busy days it was the only time they had to talk about their day. It was strange, doing dishes was supposed to be a chore, yet it was an activity he looked forward to from her, while the others finished eating and Scott and Emma went to spend time with the girls, Charles silently began clearing the table grinning as he did so, taking the dishes into the kitchen to be cleaned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

I smiled at Caitlin and said, Sure, I'll play Chutes and Ladders with you. Where do you want to set the game up? I smiled at Emma and stood up. I waited to see what the girls would do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alysa

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Alysa thought it was a bit weird this was kissing. Kissing was when mommy gave her a kiss or when charles gave mommy a quick kiss on her lips or cheek, but this was kissing too? It looked not nice anyway. she would never kiss like that, that's for sure. She looked up from her thinking when scot came sit between them and asked who wanted to ride his back.

me!

she quickly said. But then Caith asks to play chutes and ladders. It made her feel like a little child again. Raiding horseback on people whas for little children ofcourse. Sometimes she wanted to be more like Cait. Cait also was much better in school. Then Emma says something about braid there hair and read storry's that sounded very nice.

We play chutes and ladders and after that braid our hair?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Emma smiled at Cait and agreed with Scott, “Chutes and ladders sounds great.” Then when Alysa suggested to play the game and to braid hair after, Emma nodded and smiled. She ran her fingers through Alysa’s hair and lightly squeezed her shoulder. “Sounds perfect.
Back to top Go down
Caitlin

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Cait smiled as she looked at Scott, then Alysa asked if their hair could be braided after the game, she liked that idea. She said We should play in the tavern, cause that's where Daddy wants to go next. But you can get the game out of the library, it has a shelf all full of games. But I can't reach them because I'm too short, will you get the game Uncle Scott?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charlesott

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Charles finish clearing the table, his eyes on Scott, Emma and his girls, and then he let his eyes fall on Sima. He sent her a telepathic message only heard between the two of them, I love you precious one, would you like to spend time together later in the library? He waited for her answer as he took the dishes into the kitchen and loaded them into an empty sink and filled the other with water and soap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm

I looked at Alysa when she said she wanted a ride, then at Caitlin when she asked me to get the game for her out of the library. I smiled, Sure, I'll get the game. Come on Alysa, you can ride my back to the library and back and help me get the game. I picked Alysa up and swung her around onto my back. She held me around my neck, but luckily wasn't choking me. I started galloping towards the library. Once inside, I went over to the shelf with the games on them and found the 'Chutes and Ladders' game. Then holding on to Alysa with one hand and the game with the other, I galloped back to the tavern where Emma and Caitlin were waiting for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alysa

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Alysa could not help to smile when scott placed her in his back. Little children's game or not, she still liked it. when they got the game and went back to cait and emma she waved at them when they entered the room

come, lets play

she could hardly wait to start the fun evening that was going to start. she was not shy any more at all at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Emma took Cait’s hand as she followed her to the house tavern. Emma and Cait decided on a table not to far from the bar and took their seats. Not long after they sat down, Scott with a very smiley Alysa on his back came into the room and sat down at the table.
Back to top Go down
Scott_macFergus

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Walking into the room with Alysa on my back, I scanned the room and found Emma and Caitlin sitting at a table that would be perfect for playing a board game. I walked over to the table smiling at both of them. I handed the game to Caitlin and then helped Alysa into the chair opposite Caitlin and I took the chair opposite Emma. I looked at Caitlin and said, Now I'm not sure I remember how to play this game, you will have to teach me the rules. I waited for Caitlin to explain the game and for it to be my turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock at the door   

Back to top Go down

Knock at the door
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next