The Ott Mansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ott Mansion

A place of rest and relaxation, along with crazy adventure and lot of magic. Welcome to the Eabha Estate, home of the Otts, please make yourself comfortable and may RPing commence.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Karin Ott

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 am

Karin Elish Ott is her name.

Mother of Charles.

Grandmother to beautiful children.
Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:24 am

When it came time for healing, she was called. But this was one she could not heal.

Herself.

Karin Elish Ott was her name. She did remember that. As her memories grew stronger, she glided with purpose through the house.

It was time to bring the gifts out from hiding. It was time…as she remembered more and more.

The delivery of her special presents for her beloved child, Charles, was made two days ago. But she would have to hide them. There were things to be made for them.

Taking six of her favorite dresses from her wardrobe, she proceeded to cut them up. Then she took a suit from her husband’s wardrobe and did the same.

Ah Kyandra, she looked down at the rust colored wolf sitting at her feet while she worked. I think these would be best for my babies. Do you not feel that also?

But mother Karin, I feel the other dress, the one you call light purple would be better for the older one. Do you not feel her need? She will be more beautiful in that. Kyandra shuffled around to get more comfortable but she knew it was getting close to time to leave the family. She had her own things to tend to very soon.

Kyandra, she lightly laughed. Why is it that you can still feel things more than I can? Is this part of the knowing? I can feel the urgency of my duty. But yes. You are correct. The lavender will be perfect for her. We shall also observe each one before selecting the right one for each.

Kyandra gave a snort. She always knew when humans could not. This time, she was correct. The blonde hair, blue eyes would be set off to perfection in the dress. Settling down with her head on her paws, she watched her mistress cut and sew until the outfit was perfect. Then she noticed the hoop come out. She perked up. She knew what was coming.

Karin had the hoop in her hand and noticed Kyandra’s head come up. Yes my dear friend, this is the one. She threaded the needle with fine brown silk and on the hem of the dress, where it was to be turned over, she started making the pattern. An exact copy of Kyandra as she had looked as a pup.

Oh Kyandra, my fingers are worn to the bone! And look at the time, will you. Tis a fine thing I instructed cook this morning about the evening meal and tea.

Looking down at her outfit, one she had chosen to please her husband, she knew she left one thing off. Going to the jewelry box, she chose the red spinel necklace she had received from her mother. Putting it on, she looked down at Kyandra. This one shall go with the second one. Do you agree?

Kyranda gave a short woof to agree. Yes, and the sea color would be perfect for the other who looks like her.

They made their way to the formal rooms to partake of tea and participate in the family time. She made a special fuss over Charles, for he was growing up to be so much like his father. Playing special games with him and telling him stories, she wanted to prepare him to remember things when the time came.

As she remembered, she took the doll from the hiding place and placed within the skirts she had been buried in.

Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Once again, she instructed cook. She also instructed the maid to not disturb her while she worked. Today, she would make two, not one as she had the day before. The sense of urgency was upon her.

All day, she sat and sewed. All day she worked. She worked the material swiftly and with purpose. And on the bottom of each was a special mark where the hem turned. One was a raven. The other was so fine you could barely see it, unless the light was right.

And all day long, her wolf lay at her side.

The second sets were done just as it was time for tea.

Smiling at the memory of that time, she went to the place she had hidden the two dolls, and placed them with the other.
Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

As she glided through the house, she came to the breakfast room. A smaller dining room that they would break their fast in. She stood there and remembered…

It was time. Time for a grande ball. Karin knew it was time, for she had not hosted one in over three months. It was one of her duties and would continue to hold her and her family’s place in society. She sent for her housekeeper first.

I want to hold a grande ball in a fortnight. It will be your duty to see that the house is cleaned and sparkling from top to bottom. You have my permission to hire six to assist you and maid. I also ask that you inform the footman and gardener. Tell them that they too will be allowed to hire assistants. You are excused to see to your duties. Send cook in, please.

Seeing cook enter the room slowly, she remembered that cook’s legs and hands always hurt when doing heavy cooking chores. Laughing at the memory, she recalled that conversation and how it went.

Cook. I will be holding a grande ball in a fortnight. For this I require you to have assistance in the kitchen. Oh don’t look at me like that. I know you can do everything by yourself. Cook may have been legendary, and with her since she was an older child, but Karin knew that she rarely accepted help unless directed to do so. This time, I will leave the menu up to you. You have done us proud many times. After approval of the menu, and the tasting, of course, Karin said with a twinkle in her eyes, you may go now. And as you like to say, “do what you love to do.”

Karin hurredly dressed to go into town to make some arrangements for the grande ball. Knowing that putting off the rest of her wants would be the right thing to do.

She watched herself as she left the house. Then went to find the other dolls as she had finished them and placed them in hiding. She had to go through this process, or she would not be able to find them. Shaking her head slowly, she reached into her skirts and soothed the hair of the dolls

Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Back in her sitting room she glided. Ah, the memories. Then she started. She remembered! Remembered what she saw…

As she sat in her chair sewing on yet another outfit, she thought about her life. How rich and full it was. Then her attention was on the future she would not see.

She saw a vision of the household. How it was lost. She knew the times would be hard for her darlings left behind. She had to find a way to help for the future. Looking down as she sewed, she thought of a way.

Kyandra, I have seen the future. My darling Charles will need help. The family’s wealth would have been lost, with only Charles left to carry on the family name. It will be hard for him to rebuild the family fortune. He will have had one love and lost her to childbirth. But the second love, the one he calls his Angel, will be his pride and joy. She will give him the children he craves and he will love her more for it.

Continuing with her sewing, working on a flame for the hem of one dress, she could hear the maids up in the attic cleaning. Smiling, she knew they had no idea why she wanted them to start up there. But she had a special reason. This house had more twists and turns to it. Only she, cook and maid knew them all. The housekeeper was relatively new, having only worked in the household since the old housekeeper passed to the other world ten years ago.

There were four secret hiding places in the attic. None could be accessed without pressing a special panel to open them. In one of those, she had made a special place for herself as a child. When she married, this was part of her dowry. That was the way of things.

Having made the decision, she rose up and went to her dressing table. Opening it, she went first to her jewelry. She took out special pieces. Then she went to a secret compartment near her bed. Upon opening it, she took what she needed and closed it once again.

This would end up saving the family, she thought to herself.

And as that thought came into her mind, she took the two dolls and placed them in her skirts.
Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Kyranda, time is growing short, I’ve but a few more weeks left to do what is needed for my Charles, and his future. Karin stroked the fine fur of Kyranda, needing the contact while she looked into the future. She saw through haze until it sharpened upon Charles and his “Angel.” Much to her surprise, she saw, more.

Immediately standing, she walked to Charles’ room. Going to the armoire she felt each one of his little suits, finally selecting one that was now too small for him. She turned it all around, examining it. Ah, this will do perfectly! Smiling, she quickly went back to her sitting room to cut the suit up into smaller pieces.

Reaching down into her sewing bag, she brought out several gold coins, measuring them against the fabric. As she finished, her head shot up and eyes were glazed.

Kyranda, there will be two! Two to carry on. They must be protected at all costs. If only the Pendragons were not so far away, they could help with protection. I need you to contact them. See if they can help.

Karin looked wildly around the room to find something, anything to hide some of the fortunes in. Then she remembered an old silk bag she had carried with her. It had leather inside to hold the coins she needed for shopping.
Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

The grande ball was a success, but she was so tired. Her bones were aching more, but worse was a headache. It was almost crippling. Kyrana had returned with the news that the Pendragons had been contacted. They would help.

The dolls were done. All of them. Each had some jewelry, gold and a bit of magic. One had a silk purse around the neck. She had even made another, for there was another male child. One she had not connected but had seen with one of the girls. A grand total of eleven, with her being the last. It was time to put them away.

She labored up the stairs to the attic with dolls in her large sewing bag. She placed the first three in a cubby with the other male child. The next three went into the secret panel on the wall. The next and last three went into yet another cubby. Lastly, she placed the doll made in her image, in the secret hiding place on the chimney to the large fireplace.

The trip down the stairs was easier, but the headache was not getting better. It was time to be with Charles. He would be her sole focus for the next few days during the morning hours.
Back to top Go down
Karin_Ott

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 pm

She came into the house again.

It was time to place the dolls. She recognized that the family had come back, so now was the time.

As she went past a small male wolf, she smiled. So like Kyranda. As she passed, she made to rub the fur and watched as he lifted his head.

She glided past the rooms until she was in the attic where she had stored the items. First for the four. Four girl dolls, each with special meanings, special magic and of course the jewels. Next came two dolls, one male, and one female. The male doll she hugged and kissed before she placed him next to the female, for he was her Charles. She smiled. Now for the last three. They were placed behind the female, as if to hide, for no one knew they were coming. Two boys and a girl. She took up the female doll and spoke for you, Charles’ Angel, I give you the gift of love that grows more each day. I have gifted you with special jewels that have fire in them. Lastly, she placed the doll in her own image behind Charles. From this, she hung the silk purse, filled with gold.

It was time for her to go. To rest. She would visit often, and she hoped, would be able to see them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Karin Ott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karin Ott   Karin Ott Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karin Ott
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ott Mansion :: The Years: :: 1400s-
Jump to: